Commercial Building Maintenance
Here at SERVPRO of Tacoma we like to make sure our customers are ahead of the game. Building maintenance is valuable security tool to keep your building safe and prevent potential fire and water damages. Many things can affect your buildings conditions such as weather, and regular wear and tear. Here are some important ways to keep your commercial buildings maintenance up year-round:
- Construction work – check your building’s walls, arches, gutters/downspouts and roofs to make sure they’re all in good shape.
- Checking for clogging gutters/downspouts, standing water or tears in the roof flashing and prevent roof leaks.
- Checking exterior walls and arches for cracks and other damage can prevent water damage to the building. It is not just exterior walls that need to be checked – internal walls can show signs of wear with cracks or bubbling which is a sign of moisture.
- Doors, windows, and any other openings
- They typically don’t need to be replaced very often, pieces such as the locks and hinges tend to wear down over time.
- Schedule the replacement of bulbs. Removal of dust from lighting surfaces to improve efficiency.
- Plumbing – Although it’s harder to identify plumbing issues till it’s too late, it’s best to pay close attention and do checks on all your plumbing.
- Safety plans – It’s important to have a safety plan in place for in case of emergency. Making sure off your extinguishers and spill kits are kept up to date.
If something happens, know that SERVPRO of Tacoma is here to help!